This board has closed down *100+* fake eBay stamp sellers!

A venue to discuss unusual and interesting items being offered. Report and discuss fakes, forgeries, scammers and con-men. Also fee discussion, and low listing fee promos etc. Discuss feedback. Great items for sale. New policies ..... whatever YOU want!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

aethelwulf
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: This board has closed down *29* fake eBay stamp sellers!

Post by aethelwulf »

martin1955 wrote:Despite all the efforts of this board he is still there.

And apparantely still prospering
Catching up on the goings-on in this thread after being away awhile.

Your first point above may be true, that this eBay member hasn't been NARU-ed yet, but I fail to see how your second point can be true, that they are "prospering", give the fact provided here, namely
Traralgon3844 wrote:unistamps feedback was quickly set to private as was nsb13579. (You can not sell while your feedback is set to private) He battled on with stamps_fishing but now has nothing listed for sale after the last disappointing listings.
I haven't posted in this thread before, but I would join with the chorus of other long-time Stampboards members who are asking you some simple questions:

1. What do you propose be done?
2. What are you doing to stop this eBay con?
3. What evidence, not hot air and blah-blah-blah, but evidence, of forging/tampering/misleading selling that is going on?

Sitting around fuming via online messages about how fakes hurt the hobby, then doing nothing about it or even proposing things that can be done, leaves the discussion going around in the same pointless circle endlessly.
Collecting Mongolia; Thailand; Indo-China; Mourning Covers; OHMS.
sarge
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Post by sarge »

Well I read where you want evidence,How is this for starters 230772193250 ………… 330712873735 …….. 230773020143 all on stamps_fishing ....
I also have several Emails from him declining to admit they are fakes also which I will post if you need them.............sarge
Allanswood

Post by Allanswood »

Sarge, you've posted this on more that one thread without any images to show us, or what is fake about the stamps, so when the numbers finally dissapear off ebay we have no record.

However, also, you havent posted it in the most improtant thread! The one that's all about "Stamps-fishing"!

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=34934&p=2696833#p2696833

How about trying there? :D
Greg - Looking for Goulburn Australia Cancels and Grangemouth Scotland Cancels and Covers
Member of the S.T.A.M.P Club for Slightly Twisted And Mad Philatelists - Motto: "Bring back the lick!"
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

Ebay have revamped the rules re forged and faked and replica and counterfeit stamps.

Sellers now MUST mark fakes indelibly on reverse, and load a photo of that marking into the lot description.

Alterations (that includes forged perfins, overprints and cancels) and repairs MUST be noted now if known to seller, and sellers offering conga lines of the same fakes clearly DO know!

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/currstamps.html#replica_stamps

Also on EVERY ebay lot there is a “Report Item” icon – whether the sale is ended or not.

Reporting that via the simple drop-down options as shown below is a 5 second operation -
If ebay gets 5 or 10 reports on any given items they WILL generally take notice. They usually warn the user and remove the lot. Sellers getting several such removed lots are in trouble.

Let’s use ‘people power’ to stop this material getting offered.

Everyone “hoping” others act, will get nothing done - like most things in life! It takes teamwork and a Community Spirit, and the dodgy and misleading lots will be FAR less.

ebay now have set up a fast new portal JUST to report suspected sellers of forged stamps at - https://www.tinyurl.com/ebayfakes - also found at - https://www.ebay.com/scw - there is space for 10,000 characters in your reply, so all the relevant info can be added. Unlike most ebay complaint forms that allow just 100 characters etc.

Please take a moment to do BOTH ….. do the “Report Item” drop-down, and give a summary on the link above.

Most likely they will go to 2 different ebay staffers, and that is double trouble for the fakers.

Some staffers ignore such stuff, others are more pro-active – it is a lottery.

However several reports on any single item can be seen by all staffers looking at it, and that generally gets some action.

Even if 4 staffers have ignored it, the 5th staffer might see 5 reports and decide to act etc. :mrgreen:

"People Power" - never under-estimate the value of it! 8)

Glen

THIS link allows anyone to report shill bidding and forged material, and links to past banned accounts, with up to 1000 words in the text box -

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicId=4850

This shill bidding webform below Ebay provides for communicating directly to the relevant security team -

https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/mudcwf?deptName=GSS

Use BOTH, as they will go to different Departments.
KGVI
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.

Post by KGVI »

GJ50 wrote:
martin1955 wrote: Why doesn't the APTA make a strong stand. Why are Blue Owls, joanne etc and others allowed to carry on business on ebay?

Marty
You seem to be very quick to demand that APTA do something about Joanne, etc.

Tell us what they should do, remembering none of those traders on ebay that you mention are members of APTA..... Blue Owl is not longer a member.

So lets hear your answers, you have said quite a bit but honestly nothing that this board has not heard before.

GJ50
Can somebody please enlighten me as to what these two (Blue Owls and joanne) have been up to?

KGVI
admin
Site Administrator
Location: That's on a need to know basis - and YOU do not need to know!

Post by admin »

Use the google search box at bottom of each page. :idea:

Admin
KGVI

Post by KGVI »

Wow Admin. That's impressive.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Now I know.

It also includes blueowl2000 it would seem.

KGVI
Sekip
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member

Post by Sekip »

New to this I was run up by a seller with thousands of sales ..how do I know I checked the profile of the bidder against me and 100% of his bid where with "seller1" so this is something to be aware of
HayeSmyth
Sadly departed RIP. Greatly missed here
Sadly departed RIP.  Greatly missed here

Post by HayeSmyth »

Sekip wrote:New to this I was run up by a seller with thousands of sales ..how do I know I checked the profile of the bidder against me and 100% of his bid where with "seller1" so this is something to be aware of
Que :?:
Sekip

Post by Sekip »

All went well with my order from the above ebayer and from feed backs he has delivered on all his sales
Snowlion

I am impressed!

Post by Snowlion »

I am very impressed of your good job, folks! But No. 29 should certainly not be the last, so please continue your important job!
But what to do with all eBay sellers who ignore the eBay selling guarantee when you list that they sell original stamps, but list forgeries. Take a look f.i. on eBay USA Tibet. The majority of lots are forged. Some sellers in Germany describe their faked item is "Not expertized". Very handy if the seller complains to eBay. He just says: "I had no ideeeeeeea, because it is not exprtized". But at least in Europe also the paper catalogue auction houses have started to sell fakes. I found one even at David Feldman! Some ignore warnings and sell it to "happy" customers. One house did a withdraw after my warning. Two auctions later they turned up again and was sold to "happy" buyers. Anyhow if any matter involve Tibet or WW2 I might
be able to assist.
fromdownunder
Sadly departed RIP. Greatly missed here
Sadly departed RIP.  Greatly missed here

Post by fromdownunder »

Mod Comment:

Snowlion I have merged your post into this thread as it did not appear to stand in its own as a separate Opening Post to a thread, and it appears from your post that this was the thread that you were referring to.

Norm
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in Vain
MrOrganic
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast

Post by MrOrganic »

Global Administrator wrote:Ebay have revamped the rules re forged and faked and replica and counterfeit stamps.

Sellers now MUST mark fakes indelibly on reverse, and load a photo of that marking into the lot description.

Alterations (that includes forged perfins, overprints and cancels) and repairs and outright modern fakes MUST be noted now if known to seller, and sellers offering conga lines of the same fakes clearly DO know!

Also on EVERY ebay lot there is a “Report Item” icon – whether the sale is ended or not.

Reporting that via the simple drop-down options as shown below is a 5 second operation -

If ebay gets 5 or 10 reports on any given items they WILL generally take notice. They usually warn the user and remove the lot. Sellers getting several such removed lots are in trouble.

Let’s use ‘people power’ to stop this material getting offered.

Everyone “hoping” others act, will get nothing done - like most things in life! It takes teamwork and a Community Spirit, and the dodgy and misleading lots will be FAR less.

ebay now have set up a fast new portal JUST to report suspected sellers of forged stamps at - https://www.tinyurl.com/ebayfakes - also found at - https://www.ebay.com/scw - there is space for 10,000 characters in your reply, so all the relevant info can be added. Unlike most ebay complaint forms that allow just 100 characters etc.

Please take a moment to do BOTH ….. do the “Report Item” drop-down, and give a summary on the link above.

Most likely they will go to 2 different ebay staffers, and that is double trouble for the fakers.

Some staffers ignore such stuff, others are more pro-active – it is a lottery.

However several reports on any single item can be seen by all staffers looking at it, and that generally gets some action.

Even if 4 staffers have ignored it, the 5th staffer might see 5 reports and decide to act etc. :mrgreen:

"People Power" - never under-estimate the value of it! 8)

Glen

Ebay's OWN clear written rule is that Counterfeit Stamps are NOT allowed on ebay. Period. Remind them of their OWN rule, and it often does wonders. The average ebay Robot Drone in Bangladesh or Bombay or Bogan has never heard of that rule - REMIND them.

Great Work! People power! So true!
sp00nybi11
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Post by sp00nybi11 »

Great work guys!
b4name49

Re: This board has closed down *80* fake eBay stamp sellers!

Post by b4name49 »

I have been in contact with eBay to report a seller longjo5 for offering fakes. I have made a bid on an item and then realized when it was too late. I have seen that this seller has been reported in the past, so how are they allowed to sell again?
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: This board has closed down *100+* fake eBay stamp sellers!

Post by Global Admin »

admin wrote: 27 Apr 2007 18:44 .
This board and its members can pat itself on the back for showing one local idiot that he is not smarter than many thousands of sets of vigilant philatelic eyes - worldwide. :)

Real "People Power" at work.
:idea:

This thread started it all:

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=88&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

We have already had about 100 of his fake ebay stamp selling accounts closed down and de-registered, largely due to this board, and the fine information sharing stemming from this board in the threads below.

APTA have also got involved, and I am told have senior stamp collector contacts who work in the NSW Police, who also are placing colleagues on this fellow's tail.

Stamp dealers internationally have been briefed on the fellow and his fakes, and none of them will likely be conned into buying them, as they are now fully aware of what is out there.

Oxygen is starved. No outlets = no reason to keep offering the dud stamps, as he will get lumbered yet again.

A job well done by all concerned I'd say. :D

The ebay fake handles involved - near all now de-registered are:

2_bob_idi0t, (ended up with 100 Negatives in a month 11/17)
123456*abcd,
919knight,
ablestrading000,
ace_collectables,
air_con_man,
andrewnco00,
andrebelto9,
antiques unlimited,
antiquesunlimited111_1,
artau-0qii7,
assa_jef,
auandr_pajgxdrkx, (Ripped off many $10,000s from Paypal selling goods he did now own, and vanished with monies)
aubria_us75no,
aujoh-4q99e7,
aussi_stamps,
aussiestampsales,
aw1940,
a-z_stamps,
azarbay*123,
baltantiq,
baxter_1960,
bexapunk101,
bonjoh7, (Ripped off about $80,000 from Paypal selling goods he did now own, and vanished with monies)
byzantine2006,
century_stamps02,
civic_12345,
clonstamps,
coinsnstamps111,
collectables89,
cosmos121,
country_stamps,
darcey_stampchaser,
davidsstamps,
dawh-9130,
doyle_doyle,
everyday68,
express.stamps,
fantastic001jon,
fj...antiques02,
g.philatelics,
george0mighty,
gregbear_61,
howsthat2194,
idealstamps_1,
indepbrokers,
jobr-459,
jones-philatelics,
jupinks00,
kenfield999,
la-lune-collectables,
lesmulhollan-0,
longjo5,
lunaheloui,
madtis60,
martaylo-58,
maylan11z2,
metrokaras,
modlink2002,
montigo09,
nealworth0,
nicburges3,
northgate14,
nsb13579,
nswstamps,
number1_stamp_dealer,
olivers-collection64,
p.webster01,
perm209,
phar_lap,
prestige_stamps,
prestiges_tamps13,
rayahelou-0,
scott222_01,
southau_z95fzszy,
speedway88q,
stamp1.stamp2.stamp3,
stampbuyers,
starst35,
stampcentre,
stamp_37,
stamps_lovers101,
stamps143,
stamps181,
strampsdownunder,
la-lune-collectables,
stampcentre,
stamp_archives,
starcollectables,
stamplover246,
stamps_fishing,
stamps_n_coins,
stamps_star_stamps,
stampsboard,
stampsglobal,
stampsuite,
stanley.gibbons.australia,
stars24680,
stowie02,
top_gun59,
topchoice001,
tryme22331,
Ts22167,
unistamps,
vtoledo20,
wishstamps135,
workercom,
wynstoninvest,

Total about 110 - from a QUICK check – and many more have slipped thru the gaps

A large group of collectors and dealers are now spotting when the new fake ID's pop up on ebay, discuss them informally via email, and posting the data here, and reporting them direct when it is agreed they are offering fakes.

In my view, these were all the one person at work pretty much. He has a criminal record, and has served long jail sentences for other offences. This person is a fully trained and qualified medico, and one wonders what drives someone that smart, into this kind of petty fraud. :shock:

He knows enough about stamps to make more money selling legitimate things, but this all seems to be a giant game to him - "fleece the bunnies".

Most fakes offered were Australian official perfins, and a small range of fake cancels and overprints were also involved, including a few NZ issues.

Some were fairly convincing, and many were appalling. Where some ebay buyers get their brains from one really wonders. When you see total obvious fake rubbish attracting a raft of high bids to $190 for comically bad things like this below, clearly cancelled a few days before it was listed, with a cheap rubber stamp pad, and a laughable rubber cancel:

If ebay are given these other 100+ recently banned names when you see a new seller of fakes pop up - they will find via their highly sophisticated data matching software, some slight connections that exist, exist enabling them to ban the new ID.

ebay are the leading edge in this data matching ID, and despite this guy using a string of false names, PO box addresses, street addresses, paypal accounts, bank accounts, and phone numbers - he always gets caught by ebay.

An established dealer will be there next week, next month, next year - and usually next decade, if you end up with something you might want a refund on.

As we can all see, these ebay cons are always knocked out of business sooner rather than later, (often a week after the sale closes!) and often your only recourse is to pound sand for your $600 refund.

ebay in the PAST did not really want to know, and even paypal did not really want to know it seems. ebay and paypal make money EVERY time a sale occurs. Whether it is fake or not is not of any interest whatever to them.

What DOES interest them is refunding money via paypal under the much touted Buyer Guarantee. This crook has already cost ebay many $100,000s in refunds - more than he has ever paid in listing and final value fees, so they are now VERY interested in stopping him whenever he pops up. He has always long vanished with the dough, but THEY need to pay it back to the buyer of the forgeries.

This crook in 2015 took to listing up vast numbers of totally non-existent stamps and the clueless ebay Bunnies fell over themselves to "buy" them, pay for them and never see the stamps or refund most times, as if you are mailed a Registered envelope you sign for that contains a sheet of white paper YOU are the loser big time.

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=59312

Because of this, ebay now have set up a fast new portal JUST to report suspected sellers of forged stamps at - https://www.tinyurl.com/ebayfakes - also found at - https://www.ebay.com/scw - there is space for 10,000 characters in your reply, so all the relevant info can be added. Unlike most ebay complaint forms that allow 100 characters etc. :twisted:

Perhaps remind ebay something like this when you list all the fakes names connected with a new fake seller:

The sum of PayPal charge-backs involved with these HUNDRED+ stamp forger accounts listed here must be quite significant already, and each time ebay allows them to trade under a new fake ID, it will add to the eventual $$$$ loss to ebay via charge-backs when buyers discover the stamps they bought are fake, and later demand refunds from PayPal, from a by then de-listed seller.

And inaction will mean that ebay is seen more and more by those in the stamp buying community as a totally unsafe and unwise place to buy stamps, costing ebay even more revenue as buyers go to other sites and mainstream dealers who offer a guarantee of genuineness.

If you see a new ebay seller pop up listing forged 'OS' perfins, and 1937 and 1946 Omnibus "Specimen" set perfins etc, and Australia related overprints, start a new thread below and other members can offer their views. Or email admin[at]stampboards.com

You CAN happily post to the same thread found at: :D

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=2786

Now well over 100 ebay accounts this Sydney faker has used - some are still operating today. Most have been close down. Pass this list onto eBay - someone in there might have time to close the ones that slipped through the drag net somehow. The more that do it the more chances a staffer will be bored and do their job.

https://www.ebay.com/scw - there is space for 10,000 characters in your reply, so all the relevant info can be added. Unlike most ebay complaint forms, that allow 100 characters etc. :twisted:

Return to “All Online Stamp Auction related discussion and overview”